[TR] Yellow Tape II

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Yellow Tape II
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:47:44 -0500
--I sent this to Randall  already and accidently to a hiking list
instead of the TR list!  They thought I had lost my mind...and maybe
I have too!-------------

Randall et al,

Simple grease will work on the radiator hoses too.  I think Vaseline
will also, but it melts a little sooner than grease I think so grease
is a little better for the higher temperatures. Vaseline would be ok
I think for vacuum hoses or any hose with less heat.  OF course you
don't want to "gom" it on...just smear around the male part of the fitting.

Doug

===     http://www.vtr.org