Re: [TR] What are the advantages to using a gear reduction

To: jim hearn <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] What are the advantages to using a gear reduction
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 07:38:13 -0800 (PST)
I wondered the same thing when the starter on my GT6 died a month ago. With a
new stock one from Spitbits at $65 and reduction starters in the $250 range, I
figured even if the stock starter doesn't last as long, I would still be able
to buy 4 of them before hitting the price of the reduction starter. The new
starter was doing the job just fine up until some bozo made a left turn into
me last Friday and managed to total my GT6. I'm just hoping I can get the GT6
back to rebuild...

Cameron
'07 Cobalt (Rental)
'71 GT6 (Broken)