Re: [TR] How do you test for a faulty vacuum brake assist?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] How do you test for a faulty vacuum brake assist?
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:33:36 -0700
Jim,

You only have to plug off the hose that runs back to the manifold.  You can
cover/plug the booster fitting to keep dirt out but no need to otherwise.
When mine went out I was 2000 miles from home...someone said to me, well you
should still have brakes just not boosted brakes.  So I autocrossed it without
a booster, drove it back home and didn't really fix for another 8-9 months
after that.  I just imagined I had that TR4 I'd always wanted and braked a
little harder.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)