Re: [TR] Spitfire SU Carbs

To: elliottr@rmi.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Spitfire SU Carbs
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:22:04 EST
My guess is that the fuel level in the bowl is too high and therefore  coming
out of the vents.  3/16" as I recall is about half of what it should  be. If
my memory serves me correctly a .440"  (11mm) diameter rod (drill  bit) should
fit between the cover surface and the float control lever.  My  3A is fitted
with a shield that prevents the fuel from fouling the paint when it  comes out
of the vents.  My friends 3A has fouled paint in his nicely  detailed bay for
the same reason (no shield).  So it looks like this  happens in the best of
times with the control level properly  adjusted.

===     http://www.vtr.org