Re: [TR] Repair Operations Times

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Repair Operations Times
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:26:09 EST
In a message dated 11/21/2006 5:28:40 PM Central Standard Time,
TR250Driver@aol.com writes:
> Hey Guys,
> What do you think, Frame Change on a Spitfire 1500?  Winter  Project?  2
> Year
> downtime? Get stuck and never complete?  I have a NOS  frame leaning against
>
> the West wall on the garage here and am just a  wondering?

Depends on how badly shipwright's disease kicks in.  I did this on my TR6 and
it took 18 months.  Of course since the suspension was coming apart I may as
well fir new bushings, ball joints, clean up everything and repaint, new
bearings, rebuild the brakes, and , and , and... you get the idea.  Since I
also
fitted new fenders, doors, and replace a few panels and had the whole thing
repainted it took a bit more than just a frame swap.

So the answer to your question is "How much self discipline do you have?"

Cheers and good luck.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org