[TR] TR4A Engine Rebuild Update - Round 7

Subject: [TR] TR4A Engine Rebuild Update - Round 7
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:02:54 -0600
Listers,

I've reached the point on the rebuild where I am adding on all the misc.
engine items like the oil filter, fuel pump, distributor, etc.
>From this I've got a new round of questions I am hoping you folks might be
able to assist with.  Here goes:

1. I have the Tecelemit oil filter.  The oil pressure line secures to the
hole that has a slot on the block-side of the filter head.  I assume it is
this slot from where the pressure is taken.  However, the slot does not go
through the head itself (which would of course cause a serious leak), but
extends only to the bolt hole.  When you secure the line, you place a copper
washer, the line fitting, another copper washer, then the nut.  How in the
world does this get the oil pressure to the line.  I just don't see how this
works so I fear that I've got something wrong.  Can anyone explain how this
mechanism works, or point me to a source that can?

2. How does one test the dizzy vacuum unit.  Is it possible to apply so many
PSI of vacuum and you should see the plate in the dizzy move by so many
inches?

3. Does one need to apply gasket sealer for the oil filter gasket?

Thanks as always.  This list rules and I couldn't have gotten this far
without all of your help.

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins

1965 Triumph TR4A