Re: [TR] Ebay TR3B - need help

To: anabil007@comcast.net, TR250Driver@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Ebay TR3B - need help
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:05:57 EST
In a message dated 11/16/2006 11:00:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
anabil007@comcast.net writes:

I have  noticed several TR3 "Bs"  for sale recently, other than the
2.2 liter  engine, how would you tell if it was or was not a "B".

An inquiring  mind would like to know ...

==AM==
Only way to tell for sure is via the numbers. A genuine TR3B will have
either a TSF (1991cc) or TCF (2138cc) commission number and engine number;
both
will have TSF body numbers.

Personally, I could forgive a replacement gearbox, rear end, etc., but a
"genuine" car isn't worth much more to me unless it has "correct" TSF or TCF
numbers on the engine.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org