[TR] TR4 Windshield

To: Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 Windshield
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:06:57 -0400
Well the glass is in and the string worked real nice!  I always wondered how
the glass pros did that job. The only problem I had was at times I really had
to pull on the string, push etc and my fingers really took a beating. Dont
want to have to do that again. Pulled so hard at one corner, the string tore
right into my fingers. Had to stop and put masking tape over the cuts to stop
the bleeding.

Now I am trying to get the chrome bead inserted. I have it almost all there
but the sides. The top and bottom seemed to go quite easy but the sides seem
to be a bit tighter. I am going to mount the frame on the car, secure it etc
and wait until warmer weather to finish the beading.

I have heard guys hitting it with a hammer but I dont want to break the glass.

Thanks for all your help getting this job completed.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org