Re: [TR] TR3 or TR4 with 38" bore?

To: "Doug Mathews" <mathews@uga.edu>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 or TR4 with 38" bore?
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:24:38 -0400
Doug,
I think I know you are kidding. No way would this go in a 3 or a 4. :o( But,
a 6, well that's another story. I would recommend a mild rear and tranny
modification to handle the increase in torque. Not quite sure though about
the redlines. Might have to change to a more spongy tire for a little better
traction. I also would put a clutch shield over the bell housing just in
case. I liked Randall's comments on straight ground gears. Much stronger, so
I would change the 6 tranny and put in a nonsyncro tranny from a 3. Just my
thoughts.
Alex