RE: [TR] TR3/4 Head Gasket

To: "'Mark Macy'" <pmmacy@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3/4 Head Gasket
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 16:05:46 -0700
>     I hate to admit this, but I think I'm having a senior
> moment.  Which side "UP" on a 4 cylinder head gasket?

In theory, it doesn't matter.  The gasket is symmetrical, except for the oil
hole for the feed to the rockers, and all modern gaskets have that hole at
both ends.

Personally, I like to install them with the crimped side up (smooth side
towards the liners), but I doubt it makes any real difference.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org