[TR] Oil Change in a 76 Spitfire

To: nass@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: [TR] Oil Change in a 76 Spitfire
From: "Stasyszen, Jerry" <JStasyszen@odmhsas.org>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:52:23 -0500
For those of you who are new to Triumphs and are considering or getting
ready to change the oil be aware that the normal oil filters sold
throughout auto stores have a larger screw hole than what's on the
engine. The filter book indicates an adapter must be used. The filter
bolt does come off and should be replaced. I don't know if it was the
super intellect of the Oklahoma auto-parts counter people or if they
really can not sell or stock the adapter but I had to go through five
different area stores to find the adapter. O'Reilly's had it at their
warehouse, worked great as log as I remember to keep the adapter when
changing the filter (no beer before an oil change). There was no number
on it so I can't leave it here. Out of all the stores I checked I was
sure NAPA would have one but they could not even find a listing for it.
In any case O'Reilly does have it and they don't try to feed you a line
of crap telling you they can't sell it because they don't want to be
responsible for engine failure if it fails or is improperly installed
(AutoZone excuse). Makes you wonder about the counter help doesn't it.

Regards
Jerry L. Stasyszen

===     http://www.vtr.org