[TR] tr4 valve timing

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] tr4 valve timing
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 23:44:13 -0400
Randall,
I like your method best.  In determing when a cylinder has BOTH it's valves
open (in order to set both the opposite cylinder's valves at .010) I will do
the following:

put thumb and forefinger on both intake and exhaust pushrod (at the
sametime)
and 'figure out' when both are elevated such that both valves are open AND
then adjust to .o1o" both valves on the OPPOSING cylinder.  This still
sounds like it is done at a PARTICULAR spot on the rotation of the crank
pulley, rather than, a range of degrees(about 30 or so).  If I understand
you.  Is this paragraph a correct method?
Thanks, Paul

===     http://www.vtr.org