Re: [TR] primer paint problems

To: FGFO1@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] primer paint problems
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 21:57:21 -0400
Frank,

I'm guessing that you put the primer on too thin.  Did you do a first
very light coat, almost a dusting, then followed that up with another
wet coat then a last wet coat?  When I did my truck (not a TR!) I did
a light tack coat followed by 2 wet coats. I had different kinds of
body filler (one with fiberglass where I wanted more strength and the
other standard body filler). None of my filled areas showed outlines
as you described as I remember.

You can always let the primer dry thoroughly as you have and paint a
"test" section to see if its going to bleed through.  Or you can
spray a sealer over the primer too. I'd ask my instructors at school
for their opinion. too!

Good luck.

Doug

===     http://www.vtr.org