Re: [TR] foriegn car flared fenders shown here

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] foriegn car flared fenders shown here
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:16:48 -0800
Remember that fiberglass body panels usually require some "work" to make
them fit.  I bought a pair of the rear Beta fenders and never could make
them fit.  In a fit of frustration, I ended up using my original steel
fenders instead.

The sad part was that I  (actually my paint shop) bodged up the fiberglass
fenders so much in trying to make them fit that I couldn't return them.  And
those suckers were expensive, being 1) made to order and; 2) shipped from
the UK to the U.S.A..

Personally, I would steer clear of fiberglass unless you are adept at
working with it.

BTW, if anyone is up for the challenge, the above pair of ill fitting beta
fenders are for sale, CHEAP!  (Is that the worst sales pitch in the world,
or what? [grin])

Paul Willoughby
Torrance, CA
1956 TR3 V8 (former beautiful classic car, now destroyed, but still
beautiful)**
1964 TR4 (beautiful boring restored classic car, looks just like all the
others)**

**Sorry Fred, I couldn't resist jabbing you a little bit.  All in good fun,
no offense meant.