RE: [TR] Green & Delphi clutch quality?

To: <zoboherald@aol.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Green & Delphi clutch quality?
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:28:51 +0100

Hi Andy,
I've no issue with the quality as such, but I have found that some Delphi
clutch components bear little resemblance to the original designs. In the
case of the diaphragm clutch of the later Heralds & Mk2-IV Spitfire, this
has resulted in a shorter clutch cover. Result in some cases is clutch
release only at the very extremes of pedal travel. There are lots of ways to
deal with this, such as extending the slave cylinder pushrod, but I really
feel we shouldn't have to when buying "OEM" parts...
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232