[TR] Priming the SUs?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Priming the SUs?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:59:55 -0500
I am having two problems, well 3, the first is my gas is about 2 mths old.
Secondly, my intake manifold may be somewhat misaligned and creating a
vacuum leak (although undetedectable with lights and mirrors even with the
starter out).  Thirdly, it only runs when gas is dribbled into the mouths of
the SU's (the fuel bowls are full) so it's getting gas.  I just rebuilt both
these carbs I thought correctly.  Do I need to somehow prime these carbs?
Maybe these problems are connected?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
63 TR4 engine in my TR3

===     http://www.vtr.org