Re: [TR] electrical water temp gauge for my TR3?

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] electrical water temp gauge for my TR3?
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:34:19 EST
In a message dated 3/23/2006 11:24:11 AM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> Oops, my bad.  Not a typo, I ass/u/me/d the TR7 &TR8 still used hotwire
> gauges,
> since my Stag does.

No, in a fit of nostalgia they returned to the same type of gauges used in
the TR3.  Well, almost.  The fuel gauge will still read empty with an open
circuit.  One noticeable change is there is mechanical dampening of the needle
movement.  But they do respond much more quickly than do the hot wire gauges
used
in the TR4/6.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org