RE: [TR] 6 screws that hold the fan extension to the crankshaft

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] 6 screws that hold the fan extension to the crankshaft
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 04:54:10 -0800
> Do you have the right screws? I couldn't find them on line in the TRF or
> Moss site,

TRF P/N is HB711.

Might be a good time to mention that Neil Revington has put the entire TR2/3 and
TR4 SPC on-line on his website at
http://www.revingtontr.com
I've been sucking them off and storing on my hard drive for quick access.

> I need to put in the screws that hold the fan extension to the crankshaft
> pulley.  It requires 6 of these, but these small screws ought to start from
> the back of the hub pulley.  How in the world could one get these in the
> hole--it's so small!!!!!!!!!!!

The extension and pulley halves must be mounted to the hub with the hub removed
from the engine.  It's then installed as a unit.

Watch that you get the location of the TDC marker hole correct in relation to
the keyway in the hub.  If memory serves, the hole should be opposite the
keyway.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org