Southwich Hub conversion TR3

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Southwich Hub conversion TR3
From: "Ken Gano, home" <triumphs@consolidated.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:11:43 -0600
I finally got around to installing the Southwick Machine and Design front
hub conversion.  It was a straight bolt up (less than 2 hours, and Im a
slow wrench :-)).

The bearings are substantially bigger than stock and the load bearing
portion of the hub is much thicker.  Being out of aluminum, they would have
to be a little thicker, but these are quite a lot thicker.  All in all, it
looks like a very well built and strong product.

I only have 40 miles on them, and honestly cant yet see much of a driving
difference, (it feels almost imperceptibly more solid but that might just
be the fact of new front bearings or my mind playing tricks :-)) but, on the
whole they look to be a superior replacement.  I am impressed.

There are some pics available, and as soon as I figure out shrinking the
file size down, I will try to post them to the local.

kg

===     http://www.vtr.org