Throw out bearing life span

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Throw out bearing life span
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:02:54 -0500
Gang,

I know its not a TR, but my 91 Nissan PU has 240,000m and I replaced
the clutch and throw out bearing about 5k miles ago.  I think  a lot
has to do with the way a car is driven, for example, if you sit at a
stop light with the clutch pedal in, there will be more wear on the
throw out out bearing. I usually sit with the tranny in neutral and
the clutch engaged.

For what its worth!!!

p.s. The truck clutch still had some life in it, I was doing it for
"preventative" reasons ;-)

===     http://www.vtr.org