RE: One last Try!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: One last Try!
From: "Chris Buckley" <chris.buckley@tz.knightfrank.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:11:46 +0200
Hi David,
I am sure that when I did it, ther was no knurled threaded sealing ring
(only on drive shaft which I soppose is the reason it does not have a
gaiter) and the concertina gaiter slipped easily over the respective
diameter half shaft parts, which were greased and fitted together at the
same time and then the gaiters were tied in place with cable ties or the
original kind supplied by Moss.
Hope this helps, Happy Xmas.
Cheers

Chris Buckley
P O Box 9333
Dar es Salaam
Tel: +255 (0) 22 2113300
Cell: +255 (0) 744 722207
Fax: +255 (0) 22 2127023

I'm replacing various bits of my rear suspension and drive. I would be
very grateful for any suggestions on how to fit those "rubber" gaiters
which cover the sliding splines on the rear half shafts of my TR4A IRS.
My difficulty is to find a way to distend the small diameter so as to
get it to pass over the knurled threaded sealing ring and then onto the
small diameter of the outer part of the shaft.

--
dangerous content by Africa Online Tanzania, and is
believed to be clean.

===     http://www.vtr.org