Re: Off topic antivirus question?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Off topic antivirus question?
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:31:57 -0500
On Friday 09 December 2005 20:32, T. S. White wrote:
> Today I updated my Avast antivirus program.  The update disabled my
> sustem and I had to uninstall it.  I am running win 98.  Does anyone
> have an antivirus program, preferably freeware, they recommend?

Although it's not the solution for everyone, I solved that problem on my own
by removing Microsoft Windows and installing Linux. I use Mandriva Linux, but
a good desktop version for new users is Linspire (www.linspire.com). There is
a run-from-CD version that can be downloaded using bittorrent software:
http://help.linspire.com/cgi-bin/linspire.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1280&p_li=

Here's the tracker for the bittorrent savvy:
http://tracker.linspire.com/torrents/linspire_live_5.0.69.torrent

I'd be happy to answer any Linux questions off-list.

--
Hoyt
co-author, Red Hat/Fedora Core Linux Unleashed

===     http://www.vtr.org