more than 1 kind of starter push switch?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: more than 1 kind of starter push switch?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:10:29 -0500
I am putting my center console back togather and I have yet to put the
'starter push' switch in.  Today I noticed that one came up for auction on
Ebay, however, it's much smaller than mine - it's at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Original-TR2-TR3-starter-switch-used-NLA_W0QQitemZ4595806191QQcategoryZ34206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My switch, on the other hand, is about 1 3/4" in diameter and about 2-3"
deep.  It has 2 cables hooked on the back (to battery & starter, I guess).
It also has room for 2-3 other slide on connectors.  And I need to ask, what
besides the dash does it mount to?  I should have paid more attention when I
was disassembling my TR3.  Also, how can I test mine? (a connectivity
tester?)
Thanks,
 Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A