RE: click adjust and chassis clearance

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: click adjust and chassis clearance
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:01:52 -0800
> Just  curious on how much clearance the rest of you have between the
> bottom of
> the  axle / bumper stop and the chassis.

It's not a great deal.  From memory, with no load in the trunk/boot and only a
light weight spare tire, I have roughly 1-1/4" (two of my fat fingers). Don't
recall how much fuel, but don't forget there is also the potential of 70 lbs of
fuel right over the rear axle.  The book gives the spring rate as 128
pounds/inch, so that's another 1/2" of travel right there.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org