RE: TR3A Speedo Cable

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Speedo Cable
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 22:58:41 -0800
> I installed a type A OD and a full syncro gearbox and obtained an 8 ft.
> cable from TRF for connection to the OD.   Eight feet seems awfully long.  I
> have a bunch left over if I route it to the left of the steering column
> (LHD) and curve it down next to the clutch cylinder.

But the speedo fitting is way over on the other side of the OD.

>  How is the cable
> routed after it exits the firewall?

The factory routing has it turn and run across the ledge in front of the battery
box.  There is a clamp at about the centerline of the car.  Then down along the
face of the firewall on the RH side and the inside of the RH frame member.  ISTR
there's another clip in this area, but don't recall just where offhand ... most
likely to the frame rail.  The cable makes a big, sweeping curve to come up
through the floor behind the handbrake lever (though that odd bump in the
handbrake boot) and back through the side of the gearbox tunnel.

On my car I found I had to add a section of slit rubber hose where it went
through the floor, to keep it from abrading against the edge of the floor.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org