Re: electric fan for tr3a

To: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electric fan for tr3a
From: "pethier@isd.net" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 13:19:05 -0600
> I used a 12" fan from a local parts store as an auxillary
> pusher,  manually controlled for added cooling in slow
> traffic & long  stoplights.  Works fine for me.

Sam ting.

Wired straight from the battery with an in-line fuse.  No
point in further taxing the original wiring.

Works great.  I only need it when the car is traveling very
slowly or stopped for a bit.  This fan allows me to drive
slowly enough to hang with street-rodders, like at the
10,000-plus-car "Back to the 50s Weekend" here in Saint
Paul.  It's not only britcars which are improved by this
method:  Electric fans are widely sold by vendors at this
event.  You can imagine what kind of cooling is needed by a
big-block V-8 creeping around the Fairgrounds on the longest
day.

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.lotuseuropa.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=philethier