RE: Fenders on or off?

To: Chad Jester <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Fenders on or off?
From: amcewen2@cogeco.ca
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:18:58 -0400
> They had better get some paint on the mating surfaces.
>  Primer is porous.....you need more protection than it
> can offer.

OK, good to know.  "primed before assembly" is very much my subjective take on
what they said, but the more I think on
it the more I think they said "paint" which implies a protective quote.

They're giving me a fixed price quote so I'm trying to draw up a statement of
work both parties can agree on that
straddles the fence between un-ambigious and anal ;)

I presume they didn't colour sand between coats back when the car was built,
nor do they do that today for your average
minivan.  I get the impression that modern paint materials and techniques will
surpase the original "factory finish".
It's a daily driver TR3, not a pre-war coach built Rolls.

===     http://www.vtr.org