Re: TR4 Fuel Pressure

To: timipurdy@citlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Fuel Pressure
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 19:43:58 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/2005 7:31:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
timipurdy@citlink.net writes:

What  should the normal fuel pressure be on a 1964 TR4.  After mine has  been
warmed up, etc., I am only geting 2 and a half pounds pressure.   That, at
least my mechanic friend said is low, but at the same time neither  one of us
what it should be.  This might explain the hard/cold start  and also when it
can be difficult sluggish going up a steep hill, to the  point it almost wants
to stall.

==AM==
Your car's problems could be due to many different things, but lack of fuel
pressure probably isn't one of them. According to the Workshop Manual,
operating  pressure for the original AC fuel pump is 1.25-2.5 lb/sq.in.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org