Re: TR4 Starter Probs

To: timipurdy@citlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Starter Probs
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:20:12 -0400
Tim, one thing in your post puzzles me:

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim I. Purdy <timipurdy@citlink.net>

...One item, and seeking anyone's opinion on this are the spark plugs.
In
determining the various problems, the starter one of which was
replaced, had
changed the plugs.  The PO had 275 Champion....

==AM==
I could be wrong, but near as I can tell, that "new" Champion
back-references to a fairly cold "N" series plug. Two problems there
would be that a: it's too cold a plug; and b: it's too long a plug for
a TR4 motor, which originally used the L87Y. "L" series plugs are 1/2"
reach, while the "N" series plugs (normally found in TR250/6 and 1296cc
and larger Spit motors) are 3/4" reach.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>