re. Problems gapping piston rings

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re. Problems gapping piston rings
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:42:31 -0400
List,
Things are looking up on my piston ring problem. I still had the Deves box
my first set of rings came in which had a part number on it. So, I called
Deves out in California and they were very helpful. I was able to purchase
another set of rings which are on the way to me as I write. I also purchased
a ring gapping tool from Summit Racing which should be here today for
$35.00.
And most importantly, I found a really great website that demonstrates how
to gap the rings
http://www.montac.com/mustang/ts1_ring_file.htm  so we should be back in
business in a few days.
Thanks to all for the support and suggestions!
Dave Connitt
Cincinnati, OH.
'67 TR4A
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a