fuel line feed to H6 carbs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel line feed to H6 carbs
From: "Richard Alexander" <RALEXANDER@smail.umaryland.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:33:16 -0400
Clarify something for me. Does the fuel line going to the carbs in TR3
typically attach first to the front or rear carb? Mine is set up to the rear
carb, hence the float bowl for rear carb has 2 connectors, one to receive line
from fuel pump and second for line to front carb. Front carb therefore has
only one connector. However, I keep seeing pictures of push-on connector H6
carbs (removed from car) from TR3-4 with the front carb float bowl set up with
the two connectors and rear carb with one. Front carb identified by choke
cable attachment lever, which on my car is on the front carb. So either the
choke cable can be connected to the rear carb (as I have seen on MG) or the
fuel line is routed to the front carb from fuel pump then back to rear carb.
This seems like it would send the fuel line over manifolds twice (suboptimal)
or else fuel line was brought around the front of the engine. Was this
different in different comm numbers or RH versus LH drive? Or am I just
missing something....
-rich-
TS26412 58 3A