TR-6 Emergency hood release installed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Emergency hood release installed
From: gganoung@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:10:51 -0400
Finally got around to installing the emergency hood release.  I had a buddy
make the part for me according to the drawing that has circulated on this list
for several years.  After 3 hrs of fitting, grinding, fitting, grinding, the
plate looks very little like the original plan. I found that when it was
installed per the plan, it interfered with the normal operation of the latch,
both opening and releasing back to it's original position.  I finally ground it
down to where there is no binding whatsoever and everything works fine.  The
top flat edge is now rounded paralleling the bolt hole.
Anyone else have similar problems?