RE: Clutch Update

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch Update
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:42:04 -0700
> I think the flywheel would obstruct the view.

I guess you could always go in with a flexible bore scope.

Problem is, it's difficult to see anything wrong with the pin even when you can
see it, unless you disassemble it.

On my TR3A it was pretty obvious that it was something serious inside the
bellhousing, as I could not adjust the pushrod long enough to give the proper
adjustment.  As I see it, once you know it's inside the bellhousing, the exact
component doesn't matter much.  Just buy the parts and do a clutch job.  The
failure will be obvious once it's apart.

Randall