Re: "Triumph" SD1?

To: iron_horse819@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Triumph" SD1?
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:02:59 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>

   While surfing the Austin Rover site (http://www.austin-rover.co.uk),
I came
across this intriguing little tidbit "To soften the blow to Triumph,
Rover's
4-cylinder engine programme was scrapped and a new Triumph 6-cylinder
was
developed."  So, does anyone know just how much in common does the
Rover SD1 6
cylinder have with the Triumph 6 cylinder? Would one fit in a TR? Has
anyone
tried?

=====
I could be completely wrong here, as I'm going from what I think I
remember reading. The two engines have little or nothing in common,
other than the fact that they were both developed by Triumph (actually
the six that we all know and love was developed by Standard-Triumph and
derived from the original 803cc "small car" four). I don't think the
later six ever found its way into any production Triumph, only Rovers.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>