TR4 steering question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 steering question
From: "V8TR4" <v8tr4@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 05:11:31 -0700
Hello everyone,

I am crawling along to getting my TR4 back on the road, I'm still working on
the hydraulics and that should be remedied by the weekend.

I had taken a look at the steering couplings and they needed to be replaced.
What is throwing me though is it appears as though the the steering coloumn
has moved outward into the passanger compartment by more than the thickness
of the flexible coupling (1.25") . I have checked to see if the wheel was
loose and it is not. Anyone have any thoughts on what might be the culprit
and has anyone else seen this occur. The thing that is odd is that I am sure
it was not like this when I parked it 13 years ago. It does not appear loose
and am not sure where I will get the movement to set it back in position.

Once again, thanks everyone for all your answers and inputs to my questions.
I am feeling better about my rust problems now after hearing those great
songs performed by the Spinal Tappets ;)

Oliver