RE: Clutch MC Rebuild

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, "TR List"
Subject: RE: Clutch MC Rebuild
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:09:28 -0700
Randall,

I will be installing the rebuilt O/D and transmission onto the engine and
installing same in my TR250 in a month or two. I can see that there are no
dowel pins or dowel studs(?) on the rear plate of the engine and as I didn't
disassemble this part of the car, I am pretty sure that I won't be able to
locate the 'dowel bolt(s)' that came out of the car for the proper
reassembly.

My question to you all, is where do I find these 'dowell' bolts or studs and
where should they be located on the engine?? There are only three threaded
holes in the block that will accept studs or bolts from/through the bell
housing, there are of course a bunch of through-bolts that go through the
rear plate and the bell housing. I see nothing about these special 'dowel'
bolts or studs in any of the drawings.

Any help and or comments will be appreciated!

Jim Bauder
'68 TR250, CD47L
TR web site: http://www.triumphowners.com/647
Scottsdale, AZ