Re: Cleaning injectors

To: paul@cynthesys.co.za, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cleaning injectors
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:04:04 -0700
I suggest you contact Malcolm at Prestige in England for advice.  Check
out his web site at :
http://www.prestigeinjection.fsnet.co.uk/
He can certainly tell you what can and cannot be done by you.
You can also get the Lucas PI manual from the web in Adobe postscript
format.  I cannot now find that link.  But the manual is available as
web pages at:
http://www.lucasinjection.com/REBUILDING.htm.  IT basically says this
about renewing the injectors:

The injector is not adjustable in service. However, there is only one
fault likely to occur. Impurities in the fuel may become trapped on the
valve seat, and thus prevent the nozzle valve from closing. These
impurities can usually be removed by connecting the injector to a
filtered air-supply, having a pressure of about 80 lbf/in2 (551.50
kN/m2) in the forward direction. If, however, the injector remains
'stuck open", it should be renewed.

Also, this is a good site: http://www.tr6world.com/petrol_injection.htm

malcolm@prestigeinjection.fsnet.co.uk
<mailto:malcolm@prestigeinjection.fsnet.co.uk>