Kids & the bonnet rod vibration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kids & the bonnet rod vibration
From: "shrack04@netzero.net" <shrack04@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:40:24 GMT
I took the TR3 to McDonald's at lunch today and a boy got out of a car with his
sister, walked around the TR3, and took about a dozen pictures from every angle
as I watched out the window.  Seems like when I was a kid, the car had to say
"HEMI" on the side before we got all worked up.
When at idle, my bonnet prop rod has a weird harmonic vibration that is really
loud.  I have split a piece of fuel line and put over it thinking the mass of
the line would stop it, but it doesn't. Just a little more engine speed and it
stops, but at Idle it's LOUD.  There is about 2 or 3 inches from the rod to the
bonnet so I can't put much between them to stop it, I might have to get a piece
of foam or something to wedge in there.  Anyone else have is problem?
Kent Shrack TR3a, 1960