RE: Lucas Part #39171 ID Help

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lucas Part #39171 ID Help
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:00:10 -0700
> > Be aware though that if one installs a Clear Hooters switch it's life
> > expectancy will be the same as that for all of them and that is
> maybe 2 years at
> > the outside.
>
> Indeed.  In comparison, Lucas parts are a paragon of reliability.

So if Clear Hooters were not made by Lucas, why does the switch in question
have a Lucas part number ?

I'm clearly confused, probably because the Stag's alternator is on the fritz
and I drove the Great White Whale (aka Roadmaster Estate Wagon) to work
today.  Maybe tonight I'll get a chance to exorcise the demons of darkness
and be able to drive a real car tomorrow.

Randall