Alternator Conversion TR3

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator Conversion TR3
From: Pete Thatcher <pthatch@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:00:44 -0700 (PDT)
List,
Don't post much, but do read lots!  I need your help in wiring up the GM 10SI
alt.  I thought I had it saved somewhere, but for the life of me can't find it.
 I am not a member of VTR so that doesn't help me.  The batt. connector on the
alt. is easy enough.  I was going to replace with a heavier gauge and terminate
on lug D of the VR.  The "R" or 1 connector of the alt. is for the idiot light
and I don't know what to do with it.  The "F" or 2 connector of the alt. is
used to excite the alternator and looks like I can hook that up to any 12v
source or even just jumper it to the batt. connection on the alternator.
Thanks in advance.
Pete