TR4 returns to life

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 returns to life
From: "V8TR4" <v8tr4@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 01:09:09 -0700
In May of 1992 I parked my TR4 after it severely overheated. I got busy with
everything else and the car sat, and sat, and sat some more. On occasion a
person would knock on my door hoping to find someone who wanted to sell them
a TR4 for next to nothing.

This week I decided it was time to finish some unfinished business and I
opened up the hood and started to prepare it for running. I performed a
compression test, it was pushing 160 across the board. I had to take care of
some corroded points and other electrical worries. I had tried to start it
over 10 years ago with no luck. This time I went thru and traced out the
circuits and made sure that continuity existed where it should.

Once I was sure I was ready, I started up a audio recorder in case it got
lucky.

www.performancesaw.com/TR4.mp3

Here is a recording of it, it is real time and this is how long it took. The
file is under a meg.

I was really happy when it fired up and am looking forward to many months of
tinkering.

Oliver
64 TR4 (now running)