Re: Gear Reduction Starter

To: nogera@worldnet.att.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gear Reduction Starter
From: Btmfdchn@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:14:36 EST
In a message dated 3/15/2005 6:19:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
nogera@worldnet.att.net writes:

A friend  just ordered a gear reduction starter for her TR4 engine. From what
she is  telling me it sounds like the pinion moves forward to engage the
flywheel.  I know the earlier TR starters had the pinion move forward but
that  changed in the TR3 with the long nose.
Has anyone installed one of these  Gear reduction Starters? Shouldn't the
pinion move in the same direction  as the old starter?
Thanks
Bob Nogueira

Greetings...  Bob, I just checked the one I have sitting on the shelf
scheduled for installation sometime before I start restoring the Daimler and it

goes from front to back.  It was purchased for a 4A motor.    Tim(funny where
we
show up)