RE: TR3 engine stutter

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 engine stutter
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:11:49 -0800
> All of the previously stated problems/solutions may be relevant but,
> the TR3, 4 doesn't have an automatic choke like American cars or
> computer controlled fuel injection like modern cars. In other words,
> they won't run well until the engine is up to temperature.

That doesn't necessarily follow, Allen.  What it does mean is that it's up to
the driver to adjust the "choke" (which in reality is a mixture adjustment, it
doesn't 'choke' airflow on a SU carb) to obtain smooth running until the engine
is warmed up.

> They are
> tuned when up to temperature and so won't run well when colder.

When I leave for work in the morning, I drive about a block and then have to
make a left turn into relatively fast moving traffic ... I have to be a little
careful to avoid spinning the inside tire on that turn !  My engine runs just
fine cold ...

Randall