axle take-apart?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: axle take-apart?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 03:15:21 -0500
What warrants going into my rear axle?  I am just a shade tree mechanic but I
chose to let NAPA overhaul my wheel cylinders.  Since the TR3A is flipped over
(using a homemade rotisserie) I suppose if I have to do any rear axle work,
that now is the time to do it.  , however, I don't plan to go into the
differential since the PO said it should be fine.

I've got a couple of new axle buffers (from TRF) which I want to install and
I've got a hoist to do it with, however, should I do more?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A