Gearbox and OD oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gearbox and OD oil
From: Doug Byam <dbyam@tds.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:30:39 -0500
I had a tough time finding the specific oil the the manual recommends.
I'm always leery that the oil won't be brass user friendly and not high
on EP additives for this application. I switched to ISO 100 Industrial
gear oil three years ago, its nearly the same weight as 90 Wt and it is
designed to be used in gearboxes, some of which have brass worm gears. I
don't know the exact mileage since the switch but I have made one trip
from the Midwest to the Pacific Northwest and several to PA. I works for
me. I can only get it in 5 gallon buckets but I use it in my business on
large roller bearing applications.If you need more information mail me.

Doug Byam