Re: HF Blast Cabinet

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HF Blast Cabinet
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:57:01 -0000
Hi Dennis
I used to work for a company that bought one visually identical, (under a
different name in UK) they are basically crap.
The trough in the bottom is a long valley, it would work better if it was an
inverted pyramid, it would then feed the grit back to the pickup much more
efficiently. However if this were the case, you would not have to open the
lid to move the grit to the siphon pipe, and the dust would not escape and
you would then not be able to see to blast for the next five or ten seconds!
Even when hooked up to a vacuum unit it did not clear well. I would not buy
one like this, I would probably build a plywood cabinet and line it with
rubber, buy a blast gun separately and connect a shop vac* I think it would
work better and cost about the same to make.
*I use a ten year old Dyson DC01 connected to a portable recurculating
blaster using black slag media, it has been doing this job for months (diy
type use) without noticeable harm other than the clear plastic bin is no
longer clear, more sort of opaque! Her in doors has a new Dyson DC08 so I am
allowed to use the old one! ;-)

Graham.