Re: Jet size

To: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Subject: Re: Jet size
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@ipns.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 07:18:35 -0800
On Feb 6, 2005, at 6:25 AM, Gerald M Van Vlack wrote:

> List, I seem to have lost my memory on this topic.
>
> Is a TR4A SU HS6 carburetor a .090 or a .100 jet ?

Hi Jerry,

That is an interesting question.  According to SU documentation, US
Spec TR4As were fitted with .090 jets (ROW got .100).  But according to
Joe Curto, that was a typo at US Spec 4As should have the same jets as
ROW.

 From personal experience, I can attest that .090 jets don't work well
on a 4A with even minor engine upgrades.  I had mine rebuilt by
Z-Therapy, who usually rebuilds Z car and Volvo carbs, so rebuild mine
"by the book".  I couldn't get the car to run well above about 2500 RPM
until I went to the .100 jets.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker