"Diner" redux

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: "Diner" redux
From: "January Williams" <january@chemeketa.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:05:20 -0800
A couple of months ago, there was a thread about Triumphs in movies, and
"Diner" came up. I recently got a pile of English Channels, and I came
across the story which was a front page article in the May-June 1983
issue.
I've scanned it for anyone who's interesting in seeing the piece -
contact me off-list.
(jpg 769 kb)
Here's an excerpt:

"Diner" - the whole story
I understand that there has been some curiosity regarding the TR-3A used
in the movie "Diner", and how it came to be used.
First though, a little background. I purchased TS 52985 L in April of
1978. It had been sitting for some time, so it needed a fair bit of work
. . . . Finally many dollars later, in January of 1981 it was ready for
the last step . . . . Several weeks later, as I was perusing the
classifieds as I often do, I chanced upon an ad that said something to
the effect of "Wanted - 1959 or older cars for feature movie to be
filmed in Baltimore."
My TR-3A now proudly bears Maryland license plates that read - "Diner" .
. . and so the Triumph will spend the next several years . . . in the
Rocky Mountain sunshine.
- R. John Lye, Boulder, Colorado  New VTR Member.

cheers
January
66 TR4A CTC 74217 LO