RE: reamer

To: "Bob labuz" <yellowtr@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: reamer
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:11:55 -0800
> Years ago when I rebuilt my TR3 suspension, I borrowed a reamer to
> reamer to ream the wishbone arm bush. Well I no longer have access to
> that tool and would like to know if the list would know where I might
> buy one. I have tried Harbor Freight, Sears and they dont have it.
>
> Any place online?

Lots of them.  If price is an object, I recommend Enco
http://www.use-enco.com

Proper hand reamers are expensive even from Enco, so I used a straight flute
"chucking" reamer instead.  Didn't have a chuck that big first time I did
the job, so I clamped the reamer shank in my bench vise and carefully turned
the A-arm against it.

But, I thought the TR4A was different in this area and didn't have those
brass bushings to be reamed ?  The Moss catalog shows it being like a TR6,
with nylon bushings and a big bolt through them.  I don't think the nylon
has to be reamed (but I could certainly be wrong).

Another alternative, one of the UK vendors is supposedly selling TR2-4
bushings that don't need to be reamed after installation.  I'm a little
nervous about this idea, but maybe it's OK.  I think it was Revington that
has these, but maybe it was Racetorations.  BFE & TSi would probably know,
might even carry them too.

Randall Y