RE: TR3A idle speed

To: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR3A idle speed
From: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:52:11 -0500
John

With mine the piston was sticking a little, it seemed when the piston
was lifted and dropped it didn't make the needed "clink", the jet
assembly was a little center.  All it took to correct was to loosen off
the assembly and the piston cover, then with a small (5-6oz) plastic
tipped hammer tap around the piston dome.  Then lifted the piston and
let it drop a couple of times, this centered everything up perfect and
tightened everything down again.

Before this I was getting the same as you, now the idle returns
correctly.  Just something to try, it took someone showing me about
20minutes to do this and now if I touch the carbs it is the first
procedure to do.

Hope it helps
David Templeton
'59 Triumph TR3a